The records of bee pollen being capable of extending ones life dates back to the beginning of civilization. The Chinese emperor Shen Nung compiled a medical encyclopedia back in 2735 BC which examines the bee hive products.
Much of the modern research on bee pollen has been carried out in Europe. Unfortunately in the 1940’s in North America, this was the genre of pharmaceutical drugs and many natural, traditional therapies and products were lost in mass production of drugs.
Bee pollen, a natural food, contains every known vitamin, all minerals, and proteins (with full amino acid profiles), enzymes and coenzymes, fatty acids and carbohydrates- all in perfect balance, our bodies need to sustain life. In fact you could survive indefinitely off of bee pollen and water alone. One pound of bee pollen is equivalent to the nutrient content of 15 pounds of fruits and vegetables. This Super Food contains at least 96 active nutrients, something no other food has been found with.
Since bee pollen is a natural food, it cannot be patented, and therefore assures you of a natural product. However, you do what to ensure you are getting the best quality product, so avoid fillers. The only ingredient listed should be bee pollen. You also want to look for your bee pollen in granule form, not capsule form.
Now that you know what it is, here is what a daily dose of bee pollen can do for you!...
Health Benefits of Bee Pollen
- decreases inflammation and swelling of the prostate gland
- bee pollen has been shown to help support the male urinary and reproductive systems
- reduces symptoms of menopause in women
-natural method for lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol with no adverse side effects
- aids digestion
- regulates the function of the endocrine system
- increases alertness and stamina
- improves overall strength
- accelerates healing
-increases blood and sperm counts
- retards the hardening of the arteries
- strengthens the circulatory system
- combats illness and allergies
-slows down premature aging of the skin
- removal of ateriosclerosis, cerebral insufficiency
- weight control
-burns calories by stimulating the metabolic system
- high percentage of lecithin- helping to dissolve fat from the body
- eliminates food cravings- due to phenylalanine (amino acid)
- there is an anti-carcinogenic element which could be added to foods
Local Harvest, Natural Bee Pollen Granules, (2010), Local Harvest Inc.
Health Benefits. Health Benefits of Bee Pollen (2003), Bee-Pollen-Health.
In : Superfoods